- In case you have been administered anesthesia, kindly avoid chewing from the anesthetized area for a couple of hours till the effect of anesthesia wears off.
- In case you have not been administered anesthesia, you can start chewing almost immediately.
- In case of silver and gold fillings, kindly avoid taking very hot or very cold foods for 24 hours.
- In case of sensitivity in a tooth following a filling, it can take about 2 to 3 weeks to settle down.
- However, if the sensitivity increases with time, please report to your dentist.
- In case you feel, the filling is high, kindly contact your dentist at the earliest. He will reduce the filling by grinding it.
- Please be sure to go for your six monthly visits. Your dentist might want to polish your composite fillings from time to time to see that they are smooth and are not accumulating plaque.