After Care Instructions
- Bite firmly on the cotton that your dentist has placed and remove it after half an hour. While you are biting down on the cotton, kindly swallow the saliva and do not spit. Please do not check by spitting whether the extraction socket is bleeding or not.
- Avoid rinsing or spitting forcefully for 24 hours after the extraction to avoid dislodging the clot that forms in the socket.
- Please take the medication as prescribed by your dentist.
- Please apply an ice pack on your face outside the extraction socket for twenty minutes intermittently three to four times a day (During this half an hour place the ice for 10ceonds and then remove for 10seconds and repeat the exercise for 20 minutes). This will help reduce the swelling.
- After 24 hours, rinse your mouth with a solution made of 1/2 teaspoon salt and 8 ounces of warm water.
- Do not drink from a straw for the first 24 hours.
- Do not smoke, which can inhibit healing.
- Eat cold and soft foods, such as soup, pudding, rice, khichdi, yogurt, or applesauce for 24 hours following the extraction. Gradually add solid foods to your diet as the extraction site heals.
- Continue to brush and floss your teeth, and brush your tongue, but be sure to avoid the extraction site. Doing so will help prevent infection.
- In case of any problems following extraction, kindly contact your dentist.