- Do you fear getting braces just because you are older in age?
- A solution for you to fix your teeth and getting the smile which you have always wanted could be very simple without anyone knowing that you are actually wearing braces.
- Clear Aligners could be just the right choice for you!!!
What are Clear Aligners?
- Clear Aligners are tight fitting transparent plates that go over your teeth and are used for orthodontic movement of the teeth. They are aesthetically more pleasing than the conventional braces and are generally used for adults.
Is Invisalign different from Clear Aligners?
- Invisalign is brand of Clear Aligners. There are other brands as well like Clear Correct, Inman Aligner, and Smart Moves.
How long will it take to rectify the position of my teeth?
- Clear Aligners usually take about 18 to 24 months. A new set of aligners are given to you every two weeks and fit snugly to make your teeth move to the desired position.
- If these are used for relapse cases, they might take shorter time to achieve the desired results. Anywhere from six to forty-eight aligners may be needed depending upon the age of the patient and the severity of the problem. Each aligner moves teeth .25 to .33 millimeters.
Can Clear Aligners be worn by children?
- They are not recommended to be worn by children as the success of Clear Aligners depends on the compliance of the patients and these need to be worn for about 20 to 22 hours daily. Because aligners are removable, children might be tempted to remove them if they experience some discomfort.
How do Aligners work?
- Like traditional braces, aligners are designed to move teeth a little at a time.
- Before treatment begins, the orthodontist will examine the patient, and take diagnostic records including x-rays, photographs, and impressions of the teeth.
- From that information, the orthodontist can arrive at a diagnosis, and then work within the aligner software to design your smile and plan the treatment process – which tooth moves where, and in what order.
Which is the most popular Clear Aligner company?
- Invisalign is manufactured by Align Technology, a multinational medical-device company headquartered in San Jose, California. The company’s clear align system has been used to treat more than 3 million patients. Invisalign was approved by the Food and Drug Administration in 1998, and sales began in the U.S. in 1999.
Are Clear Aligners useful in severe orthodontic problems?
- Clear Aligners are generally used for mild to severe cases. However, the orthodontist in our team is the best person to assess your requirements and guide you.
How can I take care of my Aligners?
- The aligner is removed for brushing, flossing and eating.
- As Clear Aligners are made from plastic, they can be warped by hot liquids.
- While undergoing treatment you should limit your intake of hot liquids to protect the shape of your aligners and stop them from becoming stained.
- Once the treatment period is over, the patient is advised to continue wearing a retainer at night for a certain period of time.