- Facial swelling: To minimise it place a piece of ice, wrapped in a cloth, on that area of your face on a schedule of 10 minutes on, followed by 20 minutes off.
- Bleeding from the gum: To control it, position a piece of clean moist gauze over the empty tooth socket and bite down firmly.
- Antibiotics are prescribed by your dentist.
- Liquid diet till the numbness has settled and thereafter soft diet for first few days.
- After 24 hours: Rinse your mouth with warm salty water.
- Complete healing: this will take few weeks for the area where the tooth was removed to get filled.
- You will notice that things are getting more comfortable in 1 to 2 weeks following the extraction. The gum tissue will continue healing for up to 4 weeks. The healing of the bone can continue for up to 8 months following extraction.